The Advantages of NAAC accreditation
In this blog post, you will learn about the advantages of NAAC accreditation to students and institutes.
To the students:
- Increases the credibility of the students over other universities students.
- provides a sense of recognition and credibility to institutes and their alumni which ultimately improves the admission prospects for higher education.
- international companies show high preference during placements.
- Better academics, exposure to different workshops, labs, opportunities, projects, etc.
- Acts as a catalyst in exchange programs with tie-ups from reputed universities across the globe.
- New opportunities for higher studies.
To the institutes:
- Eases chances for availing funds
- Allotment of the project to the professors becomes easy.
- Research funding agencies become confident and allocate projects to professors.
- Increases brand value.
- offers a positive impression on the institutions with its increase in admissions, experienced faculty hirings and brings more professional employers for placements.
- earns recognition by UGC.
- provides credibility to the research aspect.
- It provides a direction and identity to the educational institute.
- enhances its areas of planning and resource allocations.
What is NAAC Accreditation
(NAAC) stands for national assessment and accreditation council is an autonomous body that came into inception by the initiative taken by the (UGC) university grants commission. and NAAC’s rating Indian colleges since the year 1994.
NAAC’s duties are to assess and accredit all higher education institutions all across the nation. earlier in the 1990s, the NAAC was an alien concept. but now in 2021 NAAC has been up on its grading line and is much appreciated for its transparency in measuring institutes for their quality.
The assessment and accreditation process of the NAAC is very unique. it has developed an effective review process based on five variables i.e quality, evaluations, promotion and sustenance to offer grades to institutes.
After a thorough analysis, NAAC assists colleges in identifying their strengths, shortcomings, and opportunities. Before a college can be certified as one of the best engineering colleges in AP or receive NAAC accreditation, it must meet certain criteria. To apply for accreditation, it must first have at least two batches of graduating students or have been in operation for at least six years. The NAAC has categorised higher education colleges as University, Autonomous, and Affiliated. The basic features are as follows:
- Aspects of curriculum
- Study, Innovations, and Extension
- Teaching-Learning and Evaluation
- Infrastructure as well as educational tools
- Progression of students
- Management and Leadership
- Values held by institutions
based on these parameters NAAC grades the institutes and the cumulative Gpa is taken into consideration. the grade ranges from A++ to D.
NAAC A graded colleges in Andhra Pradesh hence attracts a lot of students all around the country due to their certification. Andhra University, GITAM, GIET, ANTIS, GVP, SVEC, KLU are a few of the NAAC- A accredited colleges in AP. These colleges successfully maintained the basic features that need to be served and have the grade points like 3 or above 3. not only these colleges but there are also many other colleges that can are given NAAC accreditation and fall under the category of NAAC- A accredited colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
What happens if the college gets approved by NAAC accreditation grades ‘A’?
For all the HEIs for all the (higher education institutes), NAAC is one of India’s leading accreditation agencies. to get accreditation from NAAC, a college must be affiliated with the university grant commission (UGC). recently CCE UPES has become the youngest university to attain Grade A accreditation from NAAC. this body considers several measures to accredit a university with Grade ‘A’ certification. The university has been delivering quality education for so long now. its performance was up to the mark as per the NAAC assessment indicators. here are some parameters on which CCE UPES has worked to get this accreditation.
- The college must provide the best curriculum in the industry as per the latest industrial requirements.
- The education system at the institutes should be based around research & innovation, keeping in mind the working professionals’ skill enhancement requirements.
- the college should offer an excellent and advanced learning infrastructure to its students as per the modern learning techniques.
- The institution must follow the best educational practices as per the institutional values.
- The college offers degree programmes for working professionals.
- The authorities at the institution must have followed the best management practices for the leadership and governance of the institute.
NAAC rating of an institution makes it easy for the aspirants to shortlist the right college easily. institutes must serve the best courses in the industry for working professionals. NAAC does not easily provide the ‘A’ Accreditation; this grade defines the value of education level and makes the college more reliable.
Hence, if you are a working professional/fresher and planning to upgrade your career with the help of higher studies, you must check the NAAC rating of a college before taking admission to a college.
NAAC provides grades like A+, A, B+ etc.
for any institution, it is very important to get accreditation first and later look to what grades have been awarded. because there are so many institutions in the country that have not applied for accreditation itself.
University grants commission (UGC) established the national assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) as an autonomous body to assess and accredit institutions of higher education offering any program.
Accreditation granted by NAAC helps the institution to approach UGC and apply for.
Autonomous college status.
Deemed university status.
Inclusion under section 2(f) for funds from UGC.
Inclusion under section 12(b) for central government funds.
funds for NAAC sponsored seminars on specific topics.
which are the NBA and NAAC accredited colleges in India?
There are over 38,000 institutes of higher education. one list that provides the current accreditation status of both NAAC and NBA of all institutes (duration with grades including those failed) is unfortunately not there. your question, therefore, is important and requires MHRD to take action in this regard. it will help students make informed decisions during admissions.
However, not to get disappointed, you can still get limited information on NAAC accredited institutes, accredited in the past year by logging on toNAAC websites, a scroll of announcements on the homepage. for NBA websites and get information by clicking the menu “accredited programs”.
some of the institutes that are accredited with NAAC are:
- SRM Engineering College, Kanchipuram
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Visvervaraya national institute of technology, Nagpur
- Veltech University, Chennai
- institute of technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
How do universities get NAAC accredited?
The process of NAAC accreditation is laid down in the NAAC manual available on the NAAC website. here is a brief summary of that.
- before applying, ensuring data of university uploaded on the AISHE website.
- prepare SSR first, so that you’re not stressed up for a time after you submit an application by way of IIQA.
- submit IIQA. be sure that the data matches with AISHE.
- within a given time after approval of IIQA, normally 30 days, submit SSR online. submit data of students survey as well. read NAAC portal instructions carefully for data submission.
- to score high marks on quantitative metrics, a low denominator picked up by the DVV team from the extended profile of the university grants a better score.
- opt-out 50 marks weightage carefully to take advantage of the option provided.
- if universities score 30% and more in the quantitative part of QIF, it qualifies for the next round of peer team inspection.
- prepare well for inspection by demonstrating competencies in qualitative metrics of NAAC.
- Well, if an institute has developed good capacity on all criteria and given enough time to the preparation, it is bound to score a superior NAAC grade.
NAAC accreditations three major benefits to students:
- placements: many companies, as part of their campus recruiting programs, only look at ‘A’ graded colleges. an accreditation, consequently, increases the number of companies coming on campus, thereby increasing the diversity of career opportunities available to students on campus.
- Exchange Programs: The possibility of a tie-up with a good university abroad increases if the college is ‘A’ accredited. There is also a higher chance of incoming exchange / foreign students, both of whom help to build a more culturally diverse environment in college (of which the impact on individual growth cannot be understated).
- Further Studies: When applying to colleges abroad, colleges also look at your college’s grading to get a clearer picture of your success as a student in comparison to your peers. The higher your accreditation, the greater your chances of receiving a favourable response.
What does NAAC accreditation mean for colleges out of India that is viewing your application?
Just NAAC Accredited institute will hold little or no value in admissions in foreign institutes. Nothing short of an A grade in NAAC will work towards any notable recognition anywhere in the world
While seeking foreign admissions in engineering streams, NBA of relevant UG program is far more enabling than NAAC accreditation.
Are you willing to see a school management software demo for your institution?
It is always our pleasure to help you to choose the best school management software for the institution. Give us a chance to demonstrate to you that How BEEDU-CONNECT can help you to manage your institute effortlessly.